On to the Recipe: Makes around 8 - 10
110g self-raising flour
110g caster sugar
1 tbsp milk
200g icing sugar
Pink food colouring
Small star nozzle
1. Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 4/ 180C / 350F
2. Place cupcake cakes in a cupcake tray
3. Whisk together the butter and sugar until it is smooth
4. Gradually add three eggs (if it does curdle just add a little flour and mix) and vanilla extract
5. Sieve the flour in and gently fold in
6. Spoon into the cupcake cases (3/4 full)
7. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden
8. Put on a cooling rack until cool
9. Whilst cooling make the icing. Whisk together the icing sugar and butter until it is smooth and a pale white colour (this could take a while).
10. Separate into 2 bowls, in one bowl make a light shade (using less pink food colouring) and stir.In the other bowl add a little more pink food colouring to make a dark pink colour.
11. Place each colour into the same piping bag - with one colour on one side and one of the other - (similar to this)
12. Staring from the middle of the rose outwards make 5 small roses around the outside of the cupcake and 2 or 3 in the center.
There you have it, simple yet beautiful rose cupcakes,enjoy xx